Indian Head Massage an Ancient Remedy for Hair Fall
Indian Head Massage is an ancient technique and is a widely spread practice. It is an Indian tradition and the knowledge passes from generation to generation in many Indian families as a grooming ritual.
Scalp Massage for Hair Loss
There is research to confirm that head massage combined with essential oils is effective for treating at least Alopecia Areata. This is a form of partial alopecia more commonly met in women. More about the research in this article on the NIH website: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9828867.
Indian Head Massage Works Best as a Preventative Measure
Head Massage can help you have a beautiful healthy hair. The best way is to use Head Massage as a prevention tool and not a corrective one. It is always harder to heal than to prevent.
Nonetheless Indian Head massage will help you regain your healthy hair even if the damage has started. But you will need time and patience to get back your hair health. If you care for the health of your hair you should start having regular Head Massages.
How can Scalp Massage help your hair?
- It increases the blood circulation of the head and the neck area. Blood circulation increases the amount of nutrients and Oxygen carried to the skin in your Head area.
- It facilitates the absorption of massage oils (essential or carriers). The massage oils in turn carry nutrients and substances to promote hair health.
- It relaxes and promotes mental balance (a lot of hair problems cases are related to poor stress management and emotional distress)
- It strengthens the hair follicles by local stimulation.
- It increases the scalp flexibility.
- It promotes new hair growth and also strengthens the existing hairs.
- It conditions and softens the hair.
- Scalp massage helps in relaxing muscles of the neck area promoting relaxation and unblocking blood circulation towards the head.
- Scalp and hair massage promotes sound sleep through the night.
- Massage oils, (aromatherapy oils), nourish the skin and the hairs and stimulate the hair growth.
Scalp Massage Compressions
Scalp Massage Techniques
Scalp Massage - Hair Pulling Technique
Make Your Own Head Massage Oil Blend
The Essential oil blend could be the following combination: thyme, rosemary, lavender, and cedar-wood.
Use two drops of thyme, three drops of lavender, three drops of rosemary, and 2 drops of cedar-wood oils in the Massage Oils Carrier described above. Do not use more essential oil or you’ll burn your skin.
Indian Scalp Massage - Tabla Technique
Indian Head Massage - the Champi Technique
Champi is another tapotement technique and is specific to Indian head massage. It is also called double hacking. The technique is performed with the hands held together like in a prayer, with the fingers spread out. Using a very low force tap the shoulders, neck and head. The move is obtained by using a wrist motion.
Scalp Massage - Hair Plucking
Self Massage for hair growth
Massage your scalp using hair massage oil blend every day for a few minutes and let the oil on the skin for a half an hour or more. You can then wash your hair.
Expect results in 2-6 months.